TAKE THE BUS
Once again this year, the City of Kamloops and BC Transit are graciously allowing our Boogie-rs the opportunity to ride the bus FOR FREE, on April 23rd! All race participants, upon showing their race bib, will be able to ride Kamloops Transit free of charge on event day.
- Click here to see the transit detours for Kamloops Transit routes 1 and 2 during the closure of Tranquille Rd. (between 6:00am and 1:00pm) on Boogie Day, April 23, 2022.
EVENT DAY PARKING
With an anticipated 3000 participants, space would be tight no matter where we were! So with that in mind, please note that parking is going to be at a premium. Showing up early (you need to be in the park before 8:00am) will give you a better chance of grabbing a spot closer to the park, however there is no parking at McDonald Park. We do ask that you be courteous to your community to make sure that you aren’t blocking driveways, alleys or fire hydrants, parking on lawns, etc. Norkam Secondary School has given Boogie permission to use their parking lot on Boogie day, but again, space will be limited. The even better options to keep you from driving around looking for a spot are to:
- Park at McArthur Island and walk or ride your bike to McDonald Park | With only 1.4k between the two parks, walking or bike riding between the two parks is a great way to warm up pre-Boogie and cool down post-Boogie!
- Boogie will also have the overpass coming from the south shore closed for part of our route but Fortune Dr. will be opened for single lane traffic. Tranquille Rd from the overpass going north to Yew St. will also be completely closed so please plan your route accordingly coming to Boogie the Bridge.
Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding of these changes. We can’t wait to see you at Boogie!
RACE PACK PICK-UP
You have three opportunities to pick up your race pack:
- Boogie EXPO
Friday, April 21st and Saturday, April 22nd. Check out the Boogie Expo page for more details.
- Race Day @ McDonald Park
Sunday, April 23rd, 7:00AM – 8:00AM
Your race pack includes your Boogie race-bib (with timing chip). We highly encourage you to pick up your race pack during EXPO weekend as Boogie day can be very busy. Can’t make it yourself? A friend or family member can pick up your pack for you – not to stress!
LAST MINUTE RACE REGISTRATION
If you missed the online registration deadline (5 PM on Wednesday, April 19, 2023), you can register:
- in person at the EXPO (see above for details)
- at McDonald Park on the morning of Boogie until 8:00AM only.
Please note that late registrants will not be guaranteed a race shirt in their preferred size.
RACE RULES & NOTES
- Participants must display their race bib on the front of their body.
- We ask that participants (walkers or runners) with strollers, start at the back of the pack when their distance is called to the start line. This is to ensure safety for all participants, as the starting area can be quite crowded.
- Timing chips ensure that timing begins from the moment a runner or walker crosses the start line.
- While we are thrilled to have elite runners and fast runners, we remind everyone that this is an event that celebrates community fitness at all levels! Please be patient, kind and friendly to each other out there!
- As with rules of the road, runners will pass on the left hand side, so if running slowly or walking, please stay to the right of your section of the route and have no more than two people abreast (beside each other), to facilitate easier passing.
- Please do not wear headphones so that you can hear instructions of volunteers and route marshalls who may be asking you to move to allow elite runners through. Always be aware of your surroundings!
- As a reminder, no dogs are allowed anywhere on the race route for participant safety.