TAKE THE BUS
More information about transit options will be provided closer to event day. Previously, the City of Kamloops and BC Transit have graciously allowed “Boogiers” to ride the bus FOR FREE, on Boogie Day! We’ll keep you updated about this green option for getting to Riverside Park.
EVENT DAY PARKING
With an anticipated 3000 participants, space would be tight no matter where we were! Showing up early (you need to be in the park before 8:00am) will give you a better chance of grabbing a spot.
Parking will be available in all the lots around Riverside Park, along Lorne St. and in the parking lot at Pioneer Park (you can take the trail between Pioneer and Riverside Parks). Please only park in approved spots and pay, where and when required.
RACE PACK PICK-UP
You have three opportunities to pick up your race pack:
- Boogie EXPO
Friday, April 26th and Saturday, April 27th. Check out the Boogie Expo page for more details.
- Race Day @ location TBD
Sunday, April 28th, 7:00AM – 8:00AM
Your race pack includes your Boogie race-bib (with timing chip). We highly encourage you to pick up your race pack during EXPO weekend as Boogie day can be very busy. Can’t make it yourself? A friend or family member can pick up your pack for you – not to stress!
LAST MINUTE RACE REGISTRATION
If you missed the online registration deadline (5 PM on Wednesday, April 24, 2024), you can register:
- in person at the Boogie EXPO (see above for details)
- on Race Day (location TBD) between 7:00am and 8:00AM only.
Please note that last minute registrants will not be guaranteed a race shirt.
RACE RULES & NOTES
- Participants must display their race bib on the front of their body.
- We ask that participants (walkers or runners) with strollers, start at the back of the pack when their distance is called to the start line. This is to ensure safety for all participants, as the starting area can be quite crowded.
- Timing chips ensure that timing begins from the moment a runner or walker crosses the start line.
- While we are thrilled to have elite runners and fast runners, we remind everyone that this is an event that celebrates community fitness at all levels! Please be patient, kind and friendly to each other out there!
- As with rules of the road, runners will pass on the left hand side, so if running slowly or walking, please stay to the right of your section of the route and have no more than two people abreast (beside each other), to facilitate easier passing.
- Please do not wear headphones so that you can hear instructions of volunteers and route marshalls who may be asking you to move to allow elite runners through. Always be aware of your surroundings!
- As a reminder, no dogs are allowed anywhere on the race route for participant safety.