Calling all Mini Boogie artists!!!
Every year, one of our very own Boogie kids gets to design that year’s Mini Boogie race shirt! How awesome is that?!
If you have a creative hand and would like to submit, here are the guidelines:
- Students up to the age of 9 (from K – 4) are invited to submit.
- No more than 3 colors can be used to create the design.
- The deadline to submit is March 6th, 2020
- All designs should be in one envelope with all information completed on this form: Mini Boogie T-shirt contest
- The winning design will be announced by Thursday March 19, 2020.
Once submitted, the Boogie Committee chooses a design that best represents the joy of movement and community health. The artist will receive a free entry into mini boogie that includes the t-shirt with their design, which will be worn by all child participants in the Mini-Boogie that year.
Please use this form and ensure that all information in filled in before submitting: Mini Boogie T-shirt contest
Students can submit their designs in one of three ways:
- to their school, which will be collected from each by Friday, March 6, 2020. To schedule a pick-up from your school please email us;
- drop them off at our office, located in the Happyness Center (#203 – 242 Victoria St.).
- scanned and emailed [email protected]
Questions? Please email [email protected]
Mini Boogie is all about the kids!
We LOVE kids at Boogie.
Not only do they up the cuteness factor by about 1000%, their smiles, joy, determination and effort bring a whole other level of amazingness to Boogie.
Plus, seeing the next generation getting involved in community, fitness and healthy living makes our hearts soar. Our kids are the future of Boogie and we are incredibly grateful to YOU as their parents and caregivers, for getting them involved and setting such a fantastic example for them.
What is Mini Boogie?
Our Mini Boogie is more than just a fun run for kids, but there is that too!
Built for “fantastic fun for kids” the 1K mini boogie is for kids 9 and under. Show your kids that fitness is fun by signing them up for one of Kamloops premier family events.
Uncle Chris the Clown leads the charge off the starting line and once they cross the finish line, they will receive their very own Mini Boogie medal PLUS they will receive an AMAZING goodie bag stuffed full of fun items! Not to mention, they will be excited to see their names in the paper as all kids in the 1K Mini Boogie are printed in an edition of Kamloops This Week!
Before and after the race, kids can have a blast with dozens of mascots and performers who will entertain them at the post-event party and in the Kids Zone. The Kids Zone is a kid’s haven with a variety of activities from face painting, balloon artistry and games. Kids are guaranteed to have a good time.
There will also be some seriously sweet door prizes exclusively for the Kids Zone this year, including:
- ski passes for Sun peaks
- Fun Factor coupons
- Acting classes thanks to Western Canada Theatre
- Big Little Science Center passes
The mini-Boogie will start and finish at the main start line by McDonald Park. The mini-boogiers will complete a looped course, cross the finish line, continue through the chute and pick up their snacks at the food table. Any children who are not connected with their parents at the finish line will head directly to Boogie registration tent to let a Boogie team member know.
Once you have completed the mini-Boogie and collected your snack pack, please move away from the finish area towards the bandshell to allow all families to quickly find each other, and go have some fun in the Kids Zone!
Important things to note:
- It is recommended that adults (or escorts) accompany children in the 1K mini-Boogie. There is no fee for adult escorts or parents unless a t-shirt is requested.
- The 1K mini boogie Runners do NOT need a timing tag as this event is not timed.
- The 1K Boogie Runners can be members of a team.
- 2020 CFJC TV Boogie the Bridge
Mini-Boogie Safety and Route Instructions
This year we are reminding participants to be aware, be safe, and have fun!! All children under the age of 8 must be running with supervision.
We can’t wait to see you and the kids at Mini Boogie 2020!
Questions about Mini Boogie? Contact our Mini Boogie team: [email protected]